IT Support Officer - Organization African Population and Health Research Center
25th, May 2023
6th, June 2023
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization, and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the APHRC complex- the Campus and Ulwazi Place. The IT Support Officer will:
- Ensure tidiness of all data and networking equipment and server room at the hotel (Ulwazi Place).
- Consolidate and advise the ICT Manager on the ICT needs and requirements at the hotel.
- Ensure firewall implementation and management, servers, workstations and network infrastructure configuration, networking equipment; wireless AP and switches, domain controller and Active Directory management, PABX management: 3CX, VPN configuration and email accounts management.
- Ensure smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for guest Internet, conferencing, Property Management Systems - eZee, Point of Sale - POS, IPTV, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
- Set-up, configure and deploy hardware and software.
- Prepare & implement preventive maintenance schedule for all IT hardware & software.
- Manage disaster recovery process and ensure regular daily backup is taken.
- Set up antivirus and provide day to day support.
- Ensure that policies and procedures relating to PCI compliance are updated.
- Maintain a system error / progress log book and address reported problems.
- Ensure IT Audit points are implemented as per relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory of hardware and software licenses.
- Be familiar with ICT Policies and ensure their implementation through regular staff awareness and training sessions.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 3 years relevant experience.
- Must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible.
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration.
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Servers implementation and configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to support Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac OS users’ workstations.
- High level of confidentiality due to the kind of information that is interacted with on a daily basis.
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable.
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
-Responds courteously and efficiently to queries and problems from guests and system users.
- Ability to identify and implement solutions to user challenges and concerns.
- Keeping abreast with the latest hospitality sector technologies and security risks.
- This position is classified under Nationally Recruited Positions (NRP), Grade V in our scales.