Programme Manager at Self Help Africa
9th, June 2023
15th, July 2023
Self Help Africa works at grassroots level in rural Africa, tackling poverty, supporting food production, enterprise development, and improving the lives of local communities. In Ireland the organisation trades as 'Gorta-Self Help Africa.'
- The Project manager is responsible for the overall delivery of the project on behalf of Self Help Africa.
- Lead programme fundraising, identifying new areas of need and potential areas for project development and donor funding in Kenya ad and manage all aspects of the project cycle: planning, implementation, quality, reporting, accountability, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop annual, quarterly and monthly plans and budgets for the project and monitor allocation of resources, anticipating changing requirements that may impact work delivery,
- Ensure all donor reporting requirements are adhered to including financial reporting in collaboration with the project accountant.
- Lead co-ordination and communication across the various stakeholders including Project implementation teams, government agencies and private sector to ensure coherent and consistent delivery of the project objectives,
- Co-ordinate and provide technical input for the implementation of the project including in the preparation of strategies, training materials, guides and manuals and ensure effective integration of core technical areas of Gender and Enterprise Development
- Represent Self Help Africa at government, donor, NGO and other relevant events in the field in close coordination with the Senior Programmes Manager & Private Sector Lead and ensure that the project collaborates and networks with stakeholders as appropriate,
- Work with the communications team to develop a project communication and visibility plan and facilitate its implementation,
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration mechanisms are in place between Self Help Africa, TruTrade, and all other partners.