Trade Development Representative at Poa Internet
29th, June 2023
14th, July 2023
Social Media Marketing, Social Media Audit, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing Analytics, Branding, Marketing, Customer service Champion, Serial Entrepreneur, Leadership
Poa! internet is the fastest growing and highly innovative ISP in Kenya. The company was founded in 2014 with a vision to provide internet in every home in Africa. At poa! We believe by empowering people, we can actively drive digital inclusion in these markets. We deploy a cost-effective internet service in Kenya, with the aim of providing affordable access to content and Internet to low-income members of society.
We are growing very fast to cover the rest of Kenya and eventually Africa. It is envisaged that the success of the business will grow to over 150 networks across East Africa. It is from this background that we seek prospective candidates to fill the role of Trade Development Representative.
At Poa, we pride ourselves on being a values-driven company and we love working with values-driven employees. Poa's vision is “Internet in every home in Africa”. To achieve this vision, we live by our values, captured in the acronym, We CONNECT. At Poa, we: Create a better world for the people we serve, Open our eyes to problems and opportunities, Never stop learning never stop moving forward, Name it, own it, solve it, Engage with the bigger picture even in the details, Care about each other and Tujienjoy kazini.
Mission Statement for the Role:
- Recruit and develop a highly efficient commission agents team to meet the business objectives of the organisation.
- Recruit, engage, activate and generate revenue from commission only agents. Leverage business by activating and improving commission only agent productivity.
- Responsible to hit a target of 1265 new installations in first 12 months of joining while adhering to the prescribed sales process laid by Poa Internet.
- Responsible to recruit a team of 50 commission only agents in the first 12 months from joining date.
Department stage of development where this role sits
Key Competencies Criticality (H, M, L)
- History of recruiting and managing exceptional high performing commission only sales agents while delivering results including : Retail agents/dealers, foot soldiers and centre of influence people - H
- Proven track record of exceeding team sales targets while managing a team of at least 10 people - M
- Eagerness to work for success based performance and not just a salary - H
- Good knowledge of agency sales model and must demonstrate understanding of how to manage, motivate and drive performance through agents and indirect channels - M
- Willing and able to get down and grubby on the ground in the areas we operate. Tactical, scrappy, relentless - H
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills capable of influencing and delivering results in a highly cross functional role plus excellent communication skills both written and verbal - M
Mandatory Criteria if Any with no exceptions to hire:
- Must have owned a team sales number and demonstrated high performance
- Must have managed a team on the ground in the field, preferably within the communities we serve
- Must have operated in a business with similar Values and DNA to Poa! to ensure cultural alignment
ey SMART Results for A-Player
- Recruit a team of 51 sales agents in first 12 months from date of joining- First 12 months of joining
- Ensure an average of 50% of total agents recruited as active agents at any given month- First 12 months of joining
- Responsible to generate an average monthly productivity of 6 sales per agent- First 12 months of joining
- Responsible for generating 1265 new installs in the first 12 months from date of joining by recruiting, engaging, activating the commission only agents- First 12 months of joining
Level of Management Experience Required (Mandatory & Nice to Have)
Mid supervisory level management with not less than 3 years of sales experience, 1 year of which should have been spent leading a >5 sales team