Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- A degree from a recognized university.
- 2-4 years’ experience in criminal or administrative investigations; preferably in the insurance industry.
- Strong investigative, analytical, and report-writing skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to sift out relevant information from different sources.
- Certified Fraud Examiner is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of business operations, fraud investigations, and prosecution process including preparation of evidence.
- Knowledge of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to criminal and administrative investigations.
- Knowledge of various research methodologies and sources, including electronic sources on the Internet, intranet and other databases.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance products.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies):
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimize output and profitability against time, cost and team targets.
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate.
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture.
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimize operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making.
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff.
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organizational impact.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients.
- Improve service delivery for clients.
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.