Medical Officer, Outreach Clinic- Embu at Aga Khan University Hospital
9th, June 2023
22nd, June 2023
Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University's Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa.
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations, and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies in compliance with evidence based practice and established protocols.
- Monitor acute and chronically ill patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patients and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care and services.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life-saving emergency surgical and medical procedures.
- Provide evidence based screening and wellness examinations, risk assessment, early detection and education on prevention of illness.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Establish links with clinic management and the main hospital to ensure smooth and efficient referral of patients.
- Work closely with members of the clinical and non-clinical teams to provide patient centric, coordinated care, reduce errors and waste and create efficiency in resource utilization.
- Actively participate in clinic quality initiatives in collaboration with the clinic management and Quality and Patient Safety team.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or equivalent
- Successful completion of at least 2-years post-graduate Internship.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Advance Cardiac Life Support and Advance Trauma Life Support (ACLS & ATLS)