Housekeeper at CURE International
9th, June 2023
30th, July 2023
In 1998, CURE International, in cooperation with the African Inland Church, opened the AIC-CURE International Hospital in Kijabe, Kenya. Along with being CURE’s first hospital, CURE Kenya was Africa’s first orthopedic pediatric teaching hospital for children with disabilities.
- Ensure Strict Adherence to Duty Rosters and Schedules
- Ensure All Areas of Cleaning the Hospital Are Professionally Cleaned and Serviced
- Ensure Timely Collection, Gathering and Disposal of hospital Waste
- Ensure Timely and Proper Documentation of Cleaning Reports
- Ensure Proper Inventory Management of Allocated Cleaning Materials, Equipment and Apparatus, informing the Housekeeping Manager of Forecasted Re-Supplies
- Ensure Timely and Proper Stocking of Supplies related to Housekeeping (Sundries, Toiletries, Cleaning Agents, Air Fresheners) to the Offices, Washrooms and Wards
- Ensure, in collaboration with the Housekeeping and IFC Manager, that Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Spring Cleaning Exercises
- Maintain and Manage OSHA Standards in Cleanliness, through Implementation of the Housekeeping OSHA Policy
- In-charge of all quality activities in relation to this position as per the Hospital Standards.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A minimum Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry
- A diploma will be an added advantage
- 2 years of work experience in a hospital setting