5th, June 2023
14th, June 2023
An upcoming Law firm in Nairobi with offices in Karen requires a legal secretary with experience in property law and conveyancing procedures to join their law firm.
· Provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to the Partner/associates and other staff.
· Proofread legal documents to ensure accuracy in grammar and spelling.
· Filing, this will include daily filing of correspondence and documents and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files per detailed procedures.
· Manage, sort and distribute incoming mailings, deliveries and other communications, and prepare correspondence and enclosures for dispatch.
· Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintaining an up-to-date diary for the Partner.
· Greeting and receiving clients and visitors and answering their inquiries.
· Act as a point of contact/liaison between the law firm and the clients.
· Drafting bills to clients and disbursement bills.
· Gather, manage and disseminate information to ensure the smooth running of the law firm.
· Take minutes and dictation during meetings.
· Diploma in Secretarial Work or equivalent.
· Must have three years of experience in a similar role (ideally with conveyance expertise).
· Fast and accurate audio and copy typing.
· Produce and file documents (using the Case Management System).
· Have basic knowledge and understanding of legal terminology.
· IT literate – knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with lawyers, staff, vendors and external contacts.
· Must have a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Ability to provide internal and external contacts with quality customer service regarding non-legal matters of a routine nature.
· Ability to accurately type at least 50 words per minute.
· Good planning and organization skills.