2 Farm Managers - Greenblade Growers Ltd at Centum
30th, May 2023
8th, June 2023
Social Media Marketing, Social Media Audit, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing Analytics, Branding, Marketing, Customer service Champion, Serial Entrepreneur, Leadership
- Greenblade seeks to recruit two (2) Farm Managers for its two farms located in Ol Kalou and Thika.
- The job holders shall be responsible for executing the farm-specific business plan to enable the company to meet its budget targets by producing high-quality volumes of herbs and vegetables as per target yields, pack out, and other quality specifications.
- Analysing existing farm, packhouse and commercial operations, recommending and executing improvements geared towards optimizing operational efficiency across the business operations. Champion a continuous improvement and quality assurance ethos throughout the production value chain.
- Business scale-up planning to ensure investment in CAPEX is line with projected customer demand growth to achieve the right CAPEX intensity.
- Lead expansion projects, including setting up or extending requisite production infrastructure, including construction of Greenhouses and Tunnels, irrigation and fertigation systems, crop establishment husbandry.
- Timely and cost-effective sourcing of quality inputs (seeds, chemicals, fertilizers, packaging materials and other consumables to meet production, packhouse and commercial targets. Ensure proper maintenance of farm and logistical infrastructure and machinery to guarantee 100% uptime.
- Labour planning and resource allocation. Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members. Develop and implement strong performance management practice for all staff members.
- Budgeting and Reporting- Coordinate relevant departments in the preparation and submission of the following reports to the GM and the Board in the agreed time frame.
- Inventory movement report compared to set targets.
- Area under production, production volumes per block, yields, pack out, returns, shelf life, unit economics (selling price, unit farm and pack house cost, margins,) compared to budgeted KPIs)
- Growth parameters, including temperature, soil analysis, humidity, irrigation quantities and frequency, e.t.c and a report on how each of these parameters affect.
- Order fulfilment report
- Cold chain monitoring data with an aim of using data logger records to timeously resolve any temperature spikes affecting the shelf life.
- Quality control. The incumbent will ensure the health and safety of all the employees working under their supervision by enforcing compliance to applicable standards and regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or other relevant agricultural qualification
- A minimum of 10 years of proven track record of large-scale production of high-quality vegetables and herbs
- A minimum of 5 years of end-to-end farm management experience, from procurement of inputs to crop husbandry activities and processes to packaging and delivery of the final products to customers.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Commercially astute especially in clients and product management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking, and business development skills
- Business leader with the ability to work effectively with diverse teams in decision-making and performance enhancement.