24th, August 2023
7th, September 2023
The Data Officer plays a critical role in supporting the development and availability of data collection tools for RWMT's programs
We are a charitable organization operating in rural Rarieda sub-County in Siaya County. The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
We are currently seeking to recruit a talented, progressive and team-oriented individual to fill the above position. Interested candidates are requested to email the following to Brighter Monday by 1st September 2023.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) updated C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.
1. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Data Officer plays a critical role in supporting the development and availability of data collection tools for RWMT's programs. They ensure the quality of data collection, collation, data entry, and analysis using statistical techniques. The Data Officer provides supportive supervision for data-related activities, conducts field visits for troubleshooting data issues, and contributes to the enhancement of a robust data management system.
2. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
T1. Collaborate with the M&E Coordinator to develop and ensure availability of data collection tools for programs.
T2. Provide oversight on quality data collection, collation, data entry, and analysis using statistical techniques, producing performance reports as needed.
T3. Conduct field visits to address and troubleshoot data-related issues, ensuring accuracy and reliability.
T4. Develop, review, and maintain copies of data collection forms, ensuring accurate updates and proper documentation for data management.
T5. Train CHVs, Youth Health Ambassadors (YHAs), and HTS counsellors on effective data collection and entry techniques.
T6. Maintain backup and filing systems for program data, ensuring data security and accessibility.
T7. Lead the development of data preparation procedures, including data cleaning, standardization, and analysis, to ensure data integrity.
T8. Ensure data management procedures adhere to set timelines and meet established deadlines.
T9. Participate in program data and progress reviews with program staff and partners, contributing valuable insights.
T10. Manage stocktaking and supply of data collection tools/forms in a timely manner, ensuring smooth operations.
T11. Conduct data quality and assurance audits for program data, identifying and addressing discrepancies.
T12. Participate in quarterly CHVs, YHAs, Support groups target setting progress reviews as needed in the Blood Water project/other programs.
T13. Contribute to the comprehensive write-up of programs reports, highlighting key findings and outcomes.
3. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
T1. Actively participate in staff meetings and retreats as required, fostering a collaborative work environment.
T2. Assist in the development of bimonthly and annual progress reports for the Directorate and donors, providing data-driven insights.
T3. Perform additional duties as required from time to time, contributing to the overall success of the programs.
a) Level of education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business administration, or any other relevant field.
• Proficiency in statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (STATA, Advanced Excel, SPSS, R, etc.).
b) other competencies
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Proficient in computer technology and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with working in donor-funded projects is desirable.
• Strong writing and analytical skills.
• Fluency in at least two other data analysis and visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau), in addition to Microsoft Excel.
c) Job experience
• Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience in programmatic information management and managing databases including some knowledge on SQL.