Regularly review working conditions and work with line managers to correct non-compliance and realize opportunities for improvement.
Cemex Holdings Limited is an ultra-modern Expanded Polystyrene Sintered (EPS) Panel Factory, powered by M2 Technology, looking to hire an experienced Health and Safety officer to ensure compliance with EHS laws, regulations, best practices, and internal procedures across the organization.
Work across teams to ensure occupational safety.
• Champion a safety agenda and culture across the company and our partners
• Regularly review working conditions and work with line managers to correct non-compliance and realize opportunities for improvement.
• Organise and oversee annual fire safety audits and fire drills.
• Manage and monitor issuance and usage of PPEs, including PPE inventory
• Manage audits and compliance with regulatory bodies
• Collaborate with third-party auditors to ensure all audits are conducted properly and on-time and all licenses are up to date (OSH, NEMA, fire safety, planning)
• Develop and execute action plans to address any issues identified in audits.
• Maintain strong relationships with local regulators based on transparency and compliance
• Regularly identify opportunities for assessing risk and implement improvements
• Integrate safety into routine systems and procedures
• Develop and maintain training protocols around safety, health and environment
• Review standard practices and procedures and effectively integrate safety, health, and environment best practices where appropriate
• Conduct regular safety, health and environment trainings with all team members tailored to their roles
• Provision of Safety training services and sale of safety equipment and apparel
• Develop new and existing business within the Company’s safety equipment and apparel.
• Prepare monthly Health and Safety reports and share with the management.
• Inspect/oversee housekeeping/cleaning duties.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is often required.
• Previous experience working in a similar role in a company with high standards of occupational health and safety in the manufacturing sector.
• Health and safety certification is required.
• Strong working knowledge of occupational and environmental regulations and risks
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong ability to lead and influence others.