Maersk Line Direct Transport Sales Manager
20th, June 2023
26th, June 2023
We are currently hiring for a Direct Transport leader with a ‘digital first’ approach to customers mainly servicing our freight forwarder, traders and SME BCO customer base that prefer to engage with Maersk digitally mainly on Transported by Maersk products.
This function will focus on significantly improving our asset utilization approach (whether in Ocean, Less Container Load (LCL), Air, Rail, or other assets), through both digital self-service and direct engagements with a highly competent sales organization. The Direct Transport Sales Manager will be reporting to the Area Sales Director.
- Oversee ocean volume conversion and sales for the Freight forwarder, traders as well as SME BCO segments. Close collaboration with the Ocean Market team and Product teams to drive the focus on Ocean and Logistics and Services products in line with the company strategy.
- Lead and set direction for the sales team according to budget – both on delivering ocean & logistics and services products, growing revenue, and optimizing profits.
- Collaboration between the Area Logistics & Services Product, Ocean, and Marketing teams in ensuring the direction setting is translated into a game plan but also advanced to a logical conclusion backed by data.
Product Development and Digital Activation
- Key contributors to further develop the Spot business and SME BCO products by taking part in global/regional experiments.
- Lead Spot Programmatic campaigns to raise awareness and drive Spot business as a priority campaign drive Spot adoption and client retention.
- Closely work with Logistics & Services Product teams to explore how we can offer Short Cycle Products under scope as a bundled offer to customers.
- Contribute to Transported by Maersk (TbM) product development tests and experiments regionally and globally working with the Logistics & Services (L&S) product teams.
- Experience within the Direct transport sales (Freight forwarder, traders as well as SME BCO segments) and cross-product selling (Ocean, Air, Inland) is an added advantage.
- Proven experience in a commercial role within the logistics industry with role in developing solutions, Design value propositions which address the pain points across the entire supply chain.
- Digital savviness and experimentation working with and developing online solutions.
- Build and foster strong, long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders within the customer’s organization.
- Ability to engage in consultative selling with customers
- Ability to articulate value creation by providing integrated solutions combining the Maersk products and services.
- A strong continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, independent starter who is also a good team player.
- Coach direct reports for success and development.
- Strong analytical skills.