Teller at Standard Bank Group
21st, June 2023
5th, July 2023
- To take demand from walk-in customers for any cash related matters (e.g. teller, ATM, Moneygram, etc.) whilst forming an accurate assessment and understanding of that demand in order to act on it in a manner that consistently delivers what matters to the customer within the parameters of the bank's financial offerings.
Provide cash and cheque services to customers.
- Serve Customers by attending to cheque encashment, withdrawals and deposits according to laid down procedures.
- Guard against fraudulent transactions by subjecting to UV light all cheque deposit, all cheque withdrawals and identity documents.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for confirmation and authorization.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to customers mandates to avoid losses that may arise as a result of disputes.
- Check audit trails to ensure all entries are correctly passed and confirm the same by signing the indemnity form.
- Understand the risks associated with the control and handling of cash and maintain effective controls to manage these risks. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- First level customer interface and interaction for queries, receipt of instructions/ requests and direction to appropriate desk where required.
- Number of losses
- Teller differences
- Turnaround time per transaction
- Overall customer service ratings
Control of daily cash received and paid out
- Adhere to all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash/assets to avoid losses.
- Ensure cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balance cash daily and report any differences promptly.
Measures of success:
- Overall cash differences
- 2. Daily cash holdings within the limits
- Type of Qualification: Degree from a recognised university
- Field of Study: Not applicable
- Client Coverage
- Consumer & High Net Worth
- 1-2 years
- Previous branch banking experience, understanding the bank's laid-down policies and procedures related to telling / frontline support; bulk cash and ATMs. Familiar with the legal aspects regarding cash handling. Knowledge of the functions of other departments within the branch.
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Articulating Information
- Examining Information
- Exploring Possibilities
- Following Procedures
- Generating Ideas
- Making Decisions
- Managing Tasks
- Producing Output
- Providing Insights
- Understanding People
- Upholding Standards
- Application & Submission Verification (Business Banking)
- Banking Process & Procedures
- Customer Acceptance & Review (Consumer Banking)
- Customer Understanding ( Consumer Banking)
- Product Knowledge (Consumer Banking)