Trainer; Business Management, Marketing and Communication - KCA University (KCAU)
29th, August 2023
5th, September 2023
KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya. The institution also maintains satellite colleges under the School of Professional Programs in Githunguri, Kericho, Eldoret, Kisumu and Kitengela.
To facilitate quality learning through teaching, administration and academic advisory work and ensure an outstanding student learning experience.
- Teach and facilitate learning through lectures, seminars, workshops, tutorials and other learning situations as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams, assignments and continuous assessments tests.
- Participates in the development and implementation of academic policies, guiding principles, objectives and functions in accordance with the vision of the University
- Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, Achievement and attendance.
- Assist in requisition and management of inventories, tools and equipment used as learning resources
- Provide advice, guidance and feedback to students to support their professional progress and referring student to support services as appropriate.
- Participate in supervision and assisting of students in their course work.
- Participate in writing of research proposals and applying of research grants in the relevant areas of the course.
- Contribute and participate in the development of departmental seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Provide pastoral care to students through academic advising and counselling.
- Contribute to departmental, faculty and/or University wide working groups or committee as, when requested to do so;
- Undertake continuous professional development and participate in staff development and training activities to update and enhance skills;
- Maintain proper records of students’ examination, assignments and continuous assessments tests and ensure they are keyed in examination records management system in time;
- Attend departmental, Faculty and University –wide meetings with other staff members;
- Represent the University positively to prospective students and stakeholders