KCB Bank Head, Marketing and Communications
4th, April 2023
7th, April 2023
Reporting to the Group Director Marketing and Communications, this position is responsible for managing development and implementation of the marketing and brand communication strategies for internal and external purposes that builds the KCB brand reputation, drives significant visibility, positions KCB as a thought leader and creates the opportunities to drive sales, growth, profitability and relevant market share in collaboration with the other revenue and enabling functions of the Bank.
- In collaboration with the internal and agency teams, develop communication Strategies that anchor brand and marketing communications and position KCB as a thought leader and a leader in Corporate Reputation.
- Ensure that strategies are disseminated to subsidiaries for localization and execution of the same is adhered to.
- In liaison with the brand teams across the group, champion Brand and Marketing PR initiatives
- Give counsel to the business on day-to-day activities that need publicity support.
- In collaboration with agencies, support brand teams in development of communication strategies and material that are aligned to their various needs.
- Stay abreast of the media landscape and emerging engagement trends and tactics in KCB’s markets of operation.
- In collaboration with the agency teams, draft press releases and relevant collateral on brand an marketing activities across the business units, prepare feature pitches and send to key media outlets as needed.
- Maintain calendar of upcoming media moments.
- Support subsidiary businesses in communication and advocacy initiatives internally and externally.
- Maintain a network of trusted stakeholders/thought leaders that help in amplifying communication initiatives.
- University Degree preferably in Business related field with relevant marketing qualifications/ certifications. Having a postgraduate and or Marketing and Communication qualification will be an added advantage.
- 8 or more years of progressive experience (preferably from large organizations) in Strategic Brand and Marketing Communications
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory operating environment with relevant local/regional/ geopolitical context, trends and challenges.
- Experience in engagement and management of relations with stakeholders, media, impact/advocacy groups, government authorities, business, and financial services regulators.
- Sound technical understanding of the regulatory/operating environment with respect to the product development/management and consumer protection in financial services.
- Demonstrable cross-cultural, people/stakeholder/executive relationship management skills, team
- Strong strategic thinking, possessing energy and creativity. Identifying alternatives, options, and new and different ways of looking at issues and problems
- Strong project management skills with a strong strategic ability for scoping and planning projects.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills. Experience of preparing and delivering presentations / proposals of a strategic nature
- Team leadership, strategic communication planning, creativity, and innovation in the comms space, results-oriented, organize high profile events.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative, and decentralized environment. Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Excellent oral communication skills in English.
- Strong interest in financial sector issues with the ability to grasp new material quickly.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to KCB’s mission and core values.
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s brand, including events to build and maintain a strong identifiable brand character that is communicated clearly and consistently through all channels.
- Ability to speak French a plus.To apply go to: https://ke.kcbgroup.com/component/new_kcb_careers/career/481